Our Approach to COVID-19
The Health and Wellbeing of our staff and our clients is of high importance to Ross Funerals.
It’s clear that Corona Virus (COVID-19) continues to impact the way we function in order to mitigate the spread of the virus to ensure the safety of our communities, particularly the elderly and immunocompromised. We continue to monitor the Chief Health Officer’s advice and will continue to implement their recommendations as they come to hand.
The following summarises the precautions Ross Funerals are taking in response to COVID-19, and doing all we can to provide a clean and safe environment for our staff and clients:
- Face Masks must be worn when entering our facilities, including funeral chapels, and outside where socially distancing is not possible (gathering outside after funerals, during refreshments etc.).
- We will encourage the use of our Live Stream options at no additional costs. Where appropriate, and with our client families permission, we will include reference to Live Streaming in the published funeral notice.
- We will follow the advice of the government and not conduct funerals with more than 200 people attending and not more than 1 person per 2 m² in inside venues (74 in our Hervey Bay Chapel and 70 in our Maryborough Chapel, plus outside seating). We will recommend alternative venues where necessary, to cater for larger funerals so that everyone is comfortably seated inside, together.
- We will continue to provide refreshments after a service, up to a maximum of 50 persons. We will provide a self-service tea/coffee station and additional outside seating and gazebos for your comfort.
- We will encourage mourners to avoid handshakes, hugging and kissing as a form of physical condolences.
- We will encourage mourners to maintain a separation of 1.5m from each other (when seated at a funeral service, those from the same household can be seated together with a gap of 1.5m between each household group).
- We will monitor our staff and if they are showing symptoms of the virus, they will be asked to self-isolate and to be tested before returning to work.
- Hand sanitiser will be available throughout our funeral homes and chapels and on all funerals (including churches and cemeteries). Bathrooms will continue to be stocked with hand wash/soap and sanitiser along with single-use hand towel.
- In all our facilities, all door handles, phones and reception desks, water filters and common areas will be wiped with sanitisers regularly throughout the day and after each funeral service.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss how the situation might affect your specific funeral being held with Ross Funerals, please contact our office on (07) 4124 7511 so we can assist further.
For all the best up-to-date information on the Coronavirus, how to protect yourself and others as well as how to detect symptoms and what to do if you’re concerned visit www.health.gov.au